Saturday, January 31, 2009

Very Quick, Very Triumphant

Have to get the kiddoes to bed, but wanted to report that Nic did fantastic today--had his pic taken alone and with the team for basketball. And I struck a deal with him.

"Can we go to KoP Fountain Store?" he asked me.

"Only if you play half a game today," I answered. All the kids got a play half a game, but Nic up til now has only been doing 3-5 minutes. It was time to kick it up a notch.

He started all quarters, but played the first 5 of the first two and only about 3 minutes of the third. Then he went in for the last quarter. Not only did he play the full quarter, he actually scored a basket and the place went wild! :)

His face lit up the whole gym. He was so proud of himself, and I was so proud of him, myself. The mom who joined me with the coaches on the sidelines shared my joy when the ball went in.

So, we celebrated, took Nic to the fountain store, he and Gabriel shared their very first Starbucks hot chocolate, and then we went out for a celebratory dinner. G has a birthday party while Nic's game was going on, so he and dad went there, and G had an excellent time with his friends.

So there was plenty of celebration this evening.

I am SO proud of them both! What an awesome day.

Now, time for bed.

No comments: