Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I should be feeling better than I am right now.....

After all, got done an incredible amount of stuff in the last 48 hours, finishing up one project, and at least one more queued up. I'm cracking my editor up. And all of the sudden I am a force to be reckoned with.

I want to say I don't know how that's possible, but I have some ideas.

So with all this good stuff going on, things moving in a positive way, the kids growing and prospering (and Nic is just plain GROWING, finding myself digging up all the size 12 clothes I bought for him at various bag sales because suddenly his pants are too short and his sleeves aren't reaching the bottoms of his hands anymore).

G is moving ahead, we're doing everything we need to do to get him ready for K.

So why am I feeling so sad?

Even crackpot P's getting kicked to the curb (3 months after me) doesn't raise any feelings of schadenfreude--I just feel bad for him. Because for some weird reason, he didn't see it coming, whereas I was actively trolling for alternative work for a good six months before the axe fell.

So I was ready for it.

My friends always seem to know when I need to hear from them. C and K dropped me lines this evening. I'll talk to my other friend K tomorrow after G heads out on the bus.

I feel like I'm putting myself back together again, but I'm not exactly sure when I came apart.

1 comment:

Kimmber said...

(((Betsy))) Hope you are feeling on track soon.