Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Catchall

I know I forgot some things I wanted to write about throughout the week, so this will be a little potluck post:

My friends L&M had Fr M over for dinner on Monday and report that he thinks the world of me and mine and consider us family. Kind of *knew* that, but how cool he shared that with some one else?

Today is going to go either really well or really bad. Want to throw my weight behind optimism and say it will be ganbusters....

(Also need to sign G up for T-ball)

I need to do some odds and ends like submit my phone billing and finish editing my friend's ms. He sent it around new year's and I haven't gotten to it yet. Will start right after I had my first cup of coffee.

It's been a good week for reconnecting with old friends and colleagues, establishing relationships with new ones, and still figuring out a relatively new friendship which has brought me a great deal of joy and delight. An old friend once signed off a letter to me "Smile Brightly." I always have, but lately? I do. Probably a little more brightly, too.

And just thankful for my posse, those who are looking after my safety and well being--there are many, and I am fortunate to see most of them often, but not nearly as often as I would like.

I still have to line up 4 more interviews this week.....oy.....

I'm grateful to have some time to myself to think and reflect. But it will be back to work....like, now.....

No comments: