Sunday, July 12, 2009

Trained Up and Life Happens

So I had my training yesterday to be a parent presenter for our local educator coalition. Although I've been doing trainings now for a couple years, I found the confab yesterday very informative and a lot of fun. I met a few people I've only known by name and reputation, but the really awesome thing is that I somehow already knew everyone in the room.

Very cool stuff. And it was kind of nice having it on the campus of my alma mater--how it's grown!

We left for K and A's after DH finished the food and I packed the van. Even though the skies threatened to open up, they didn't do so until long after A shut down the water slide, which was also well after dark.

It was a beautiful thing watching Nic blend in with the rest of the boys. He really can and does look like any other kid when he is surrounded by people who believe in him.

*sigh*

G OTOH is looking spacier and spacier. He's not eating. I'm not sure what to do with him. He is going for a PT eval this Thursday--it probably would not hurt to get independent psych, ed, and auditory evals done, either.

But the party, as ever, was incredible despite the fact that the camp out was rained out. Good people, good food, good music, and the kids continue to sleep in--what more could you ask for? I'm reminded yet again that my kids are loved, and really, that's all I care about. Everything else is a bonus.

And the sun has come up on a beautiful day. I have a few ideas in mind about how we should spend it...

This coming week will be busy--I'm running a couple more trainings, and I have to talk to the boss about her upcoming departure. Also trying to decide what I need to do there. R invited me to join her at the shore on Friday--and K reminded me she would be down there too. Not sure how I feel about pulling Nic out of ESY, so probably not.

And I'm working on a new article. Have to bother S about the work he's sending me, now looking like August (which is fine!).

Feeling good about life. Spending time with good friends has a way of snapping the rest of this crazy world into its proper perspective.

No comments: