Friday, July 17, 2009

Lost and Found

When I took out the trash this morning, I noticed Nic's bike was gone.

At first, I thought my husband had moved it, but no, the trash bins were still blocking our garage. My heart raced; I ran first into Perky's back yard, and then I remembered that the neighbor's grandson from across the street (the one who called Nic butthole) was shooting hoops in Perky's driveway yesterday evening.

So I ran across the street and looked down their driveway, thinking that it probably wasn't there because these neighbors wouldn't let their grandson act like a jerk if they knew about it.

I ran into my house and put on my sneakers, thinking to scour the neighborhood. Fortunately, I didn't have far to go; the bike was behind Capri2's house, in their driveway.

I sighed in relief and cursed at the same time. This is exactly where the kid would dump the bike. Just to be spiteful.

I hand wrote a note to his grandmother, explaining that Nic has autism, and had he discovered the missing bike he would have been inconsolable. In the future, please have D knock and ask before he uses Nic's things.

(that will never happen)

I put Nic's bike in the garage. I have half a mind to just pack it and bring it wherever we go, because he likes to ride now.

My heart rate is back to normal. But now I have officially had it.

No comments: