Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Catching my breath

Work has slowed enough so I can work on getting my house back. I have a few calls to make, then beat this place into shape. The break comes at a good time--swimming, track, t-ball and soccer are all taking off at the same time. I have to make some choices about who goes where and when because things are happening at the same time. Feast or famine, as ever.

I have a few things I want to do, so I'm hoping weather works in my favor when and where needed!

I got the kids out for a 2 mile walk yesterday and am doing a better job of limiting computer and video now that I am not so crazed myself. Going to take advantage of the downtime to organize and plan out the next little bit.

And yay, much to celebrate this week. The kids are doing well, DH is almost done his grant stuff and taxes, and I have some time and space to figure out what I need to know next. It's nice to not have fires to put out.

But hoping things pick up just the same. Otherwise, we'll need to retrench. And I'm fine with that. We'll do what we need to, when we need to, and how we need to, and it will work out, because it always does. We just don't know the 'how'--only that it DOES.

Which is good enough for me. If I knew everything, I would find life quite boring.

I'm proud of the people the boys are becoming. Would be great if I could get the religion thing sorted, but I'll settle for what we've got. I owe Fr. M another note because he knocked it out of the park again on Easter.

I love that man. He is too cool.

He has DH listening, too. That's quite an accomplishment.

On another note, some one sent me this video. I can't embed it, but it's worth looking at to see what's possible. It made my day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-KiGva9dV4

No comments: