Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jazzed!

It's the start of a new month, and I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I fueled my drive into work with purpose and caffeine, having left the house with the kids' bags packed, lunches made, chocolate chip muffins baked, laundry done and folded, AND my draft submitted for feedback.

My hawk perched in plain sight as I drove onto the turnpike. I smiled. The hawk always means good things.

I just discovered that some things I have let sit actually need to be left to one side, which never happens. :)

The kids continue to do well in their respecitve programs. Nic, by virtue of the fact that he is doing so much on his own and without support, is blowing me away. Not that he is having such an easy time of it, but that he is out there on his own, making his own way, is not something I thought would be happening so soon. I am so proud of him.

And my little one was adorable this am; he wanted me to cuddle with him--until he discovered that I baked muffins for breakfast.

"Okay, mom," he told me. "You can get up now."

He has his priorities straight, that one.

No comments: