Wednesday, June 30, 2010

All That (and a bag of chips)

The above phrase is a favorite of my Sherpa's, and it springs to mind because I was thinking of an email rant that some one sent me a few years ago that ended telling me that I am NOT all that, so get over myself.

The rant was ironic for a few reasons, not the least of which was the fact that she didn't even have a dog in the fight she was ranting about; she was just a bloviating mean girl who saw an opportunity to kick me when I was down. I shared her commentary with some friends and family who shared a laugh and then asked, "where does she get off saying that you are not all that?"

Where, indeed?

Every so often I come back to this thought, and chuckle. Honestly, I never thought I was all that, but people tell me I am. I'll tell you what I think I am; a concerned mom, a powerful advocate, a deeply spiritual person, a team player, a loving friend and ally, and an awesome worker bee with a solid and honest work ethic.

Is that all that?

Don't know. Don't care. I'll keep doing what I do because I know I do good.

No comments: