Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Internally Aligned Once Again

The crashing, banging and thudding along the pavement continued all day yesterday into yesterday evening. It's one thing when you don't DO right; it's quite another when things don't GO right. I am reminded that there is more to the universe than insofar as it serves my tiny little purpose.

But I need the reminder.

I went to bed last night conflicted; I awoke with a clear head, a clear mind, and a clear purpose this morning. I delayed my entry to work and advised my team that I would be doing so. And I performed all the tasks that needed my attention.

I got the boys' bags ready for their days as I always do, but they were delighted that I was in the kitchen, serving up the chocolate chip banana bread I baked for them last night.

As I headed out to my 9 o'clock meeting, hubby stopped me--to sign about a half dozen papers, much to my annoyance.

"You couldn't have me do this last night, when we were sitting and talking about this?" I asked.

"It's not 9 o'clock yet," came his somewhat startled reply. Right. It was 10 minutes to.

"My meeting STARTS at 9," I snapped.

My phone rings and it's one of my compatriots. I tell her that I'll be there when I get there.

And I get there. And I realize, yet again, that I am exactly where I need to be, doing exactly what I need to be doing.

The hawks I see in the rain coming in to the office remind me that my way is straight and true. And I am gloriously, blessedly busy when I get to my desk.

I exhale, and am grateful that once again, my head and heart are both exactly where they need to be.

No comments: