Sunday, October 3, 2010

Legacy

As I was sitting in my church with my family today, it occurred to me that I am about 95% of the way finished on my life's short-term to-do list. G is enrolled in PREP. My family attends church together every Sunday (and a special hat's off to my agnostic hubby for not only taking them to church, but also G to Sunday School the weekend I was gone--I know his heart's not in it, but he knows how important this is to me, and that he's on board means more than anything to me).

The last in my short-term to-do's is to have Nic do confession and communion this year. I also need to write a Letter of Intent for both boys (wills and special needs trusts are complete and signed--and hopefully we will never need the latter, but it's in place if we do), which I will do in the next week.

I'm trying to instill the idea that if we have time to play, we have time to take a few minutes every day to thank God we can, and thank God we can enjoy life, and to pay back whenever, wherever, and however we can.

We have a ways to go, but the seeds are planted. I just hope I'm around long enough to watch them grow.

No comments: