Monday, October 11, 2010

Vaya con Dios

I walk with God.

There, I said it. I've always been a deeply spiritual person, but it took a near-death experience for me to really OWN my faith, to proclaim it, and not be afraid of whatever consequences may come of that.

Granted, I am not a bible thumper, nor am I church lady, nor am I holier than thou. Rather, I live in such a way that I have a clear conscience; I understand that the good in me will out, even over what other people may say about me that is untrue. I live as if every day is my last. Because whenever that will be, I will be ready to meet my maker.

By the same token, I don't judge anyone else, because that's not my place. Or my business. Plus, I lack the bandwidth.

I live with an attitude of gratitude. And I am teaching my boys to do the same.

No comments: