Thursday, September 30, 2010

Grab bag of stuff

My packed weekend segued straight into a packed week.

Good stuff abounds. but township soccer has me disgusted, since they put all the experienced kids together (it seems) and put all the newbies together, therefore my poor little team keeps getting pounded. Seriously, I thought we were there to have fun, yet these little grunts are out there to win win win! (Note, we are not supposed to be keeping score, but that the other team does and the score is always 6-0 should tell you something).

Yet we went to TOPSoccer, and Nic has been playing with the same kids every session, and they are out there playing, the way the game should be played, and have a great time (G is also on an independent field, but he was doing his sprints. And then he wandered off and for 10 minutes we had no idea where he was. Turns out he absent mindedly wandered off and followed some one to their car instead of heading up for snacks. I think he thought that was where he was going.)

That won't happen again.

And then there was the popcorn sale for scouts. Both my boys are enrolled this year. Nic doesn't care what anyone thinks and was quite the little sales guy. I think that was really apparent when we were selling popcorn. Just about everyone who passed us as we sold outside our local supermarket somehow knew Nic.

But G was too cute in his Tiger uniform--all he had to do was open his mouth and money flew out of wallets. Between them they raised $450 in four hours. They did awesome.

And a funny development. Some of the kids who harassed Nic earlier on in his elementary career are now palling around with him. Why? Because Nic's friends are girls. My boy, the babe magnet :P

So, school is going well for both so far, and I took them out for haircuts and dinner before the pack meeting last night. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with an ongoing situation between Nic and another kid who obsesses on the fact that Nic doesn't want to be his friend.

My work sitch is good, and I am happy with it. I finally had enough hair to donate, so had it all cut off last night. Nic tells me I look like Sabine from Mr Bean's Holiday; hubby says I look like my sister.

Headed for root canal this am. Meh. I don't care, I just want it done.

No comments: