Thursday, March 31, 2022

Off the Deep End

 A lot happening at the moment. 

Dragging elder kicking and screaming through the adult processes involved with onboarding for a grown up job. Unfortunately, there are errors in his documentation that need correction (and I can't believe all the crap we need to correct for this kid. You would think the universe would try to make things a little less complicated for him, but no.)

Fortunately, there are lots of eyes on him, and I have his back. We'll make it work. 

Younger asked someone to the prom. 

I have an offer on the table. 

I am also having a procedure tomorrow. 

And....strange things happen when discrete areas of my life converge. I built firewalls for a reason, and sometimes even they get breached. That's another (exhausting) mess to clean up. I couldn't stop the tears if I wanted to yesterday (yeah, that was pretty obvious from my last post).  Today is a new day, and I am embracing it by helping elder through all his things and taking care of my own stuff. 

Agency.  Sometimes I forget I have that. 

And it's easy to let the stumbling blocks become blockades. I am doing my level best to help elder navigate and keep his cool, but his frustration is palpable when things don't go as planned.  This stuff, the stuff that goes sideways, is the best possible teacher for many reasons, and I am doing my best to practice what I preach.

He's gotten through a ton of things so far, and I am proud of him But we do have a little ways to go yet.

No comments: