Monday, March 7, 2022

Juggling

 So there are a few balls in the air at the moment.  Besides waiting on tenterhooks for the job outcome, I'm awaiting my own offer (which, it occurs to me, I am creating transferrable skills to both kids with my shenanigans), finishing out the last obligations to the grant, helping younger guy navigate his next steps (TBD, even though there's a rough road map), and oh yeah, I'm looking to adopt a pair of cockatiels.

I'm now well into year 2 of Life Without Nugget and decided that I'm safely beyond rebound territory. We tried the provisional quadruped, and younger found that overwhelming to the point where he doesn't go say hi to dogs anymore. He looks, says awww, but doesn't stalk them, which I guess is a good thing. 

I hopped on my local rescue sites and found two gentlemen that may have my name on them. I applied, and now I wait. 

Today I have earmarked time to help elder do some follow up work and get younger to do his learner's permit. I'm also doing some of my own tying up of loose ends.  Hubby is clearing out the study for our next chapter of things. I kind of feel like we are staging for a lot of change.  We've been here before, and sometimes the change is sudden. 

More often, it's slow and imperceptible.  The clearing out exposes what would otherwise be hidden. 

UPDATED TO ADD: Application for job and birds still in play. Yay. We have left nothing on the table. 

No comments: