Thursday, January 7, 2010

So it's 9:05 am

and Nic has ostensibly run his errand. If he has, I will get a phone call, oh, at about 11:30.

I get that kids will be kids. But what I don't get is that they repeatedly harass my kid--in spite of warnings. What the hell? Are they that hard up in the self respect department that they have to beat up on my kid to feel better about themselves?

I admire the grace with which Nic is handling this. But geez, does his grace and sense of self worth have THAT much of a detrimental effect on these hoodlums?

All we can do is keep on doing what we do. But support from the parents involved would be nice.

The words "Service Project" pop into my head. I'm thinking if these kids have to do some time interacting with special needs kids, that might be better than in school suspension.

As usual, I'll be waiting and seeing. And scheming.

In the meantime, have to finish this project. I'm so close to done. I can knock it out today. I can.

No comments: