Thursday, January 21, 2010

Put Up or Shut Up

Sometimes God answers my prayers, I think, just to shut me up.

It's not the yelling, it's the whinging and handwringing that gets it done.

Anyway, I lined up four interviews in the next couple days--if I can nail down a fifth, this assignment will be done, shipped, and invoiced by the end of next week.

My goal. If I can pull it off, it means more good things.

I took the boys for a walk last night in the dark. It was a cold, brisk walk, but it was clear enough with little enough light pollution that we could see some of the major constellations they both already know.

We could have easily accomplished what we needed to in less than a half hour, but this way, it was nearly two hours outside, looking at the stars, and enjoying each other's company.

Trying to get them to enjoy the walk, and enjoy what's around them.

It makes me laugh that they wanted ice cream--not hot chocolate--when we got home.

The sun shines bright today. I am going to be sure I am out to enjoy it. And get what I need to get done, done.

No comments: