Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reconnecting and recollecting

The raw, rainy day outside is a good reason to be indoors and get things done. I was going to do a little war-rooming until I considered that even God gave it a rest on Sunday.

I wanted to talk a little about my meeting with C on Thursday. It was so good to reconnect after 10 years. I fear I ruled the conversation, but she seemed amenable to the flow of how things went, and she even stuck around and met one of my current partners in crime.

One good thing that happened was that I was able to walk through with her what happened with my novel and that other online group a few years back. Finally relating the tale of the betrayal out loud gave me the wherewithal to close that particular chapter. I don't worry about the other players in that drama, and am quite content that karma will catch them both if it hasn't already.

And I had one of my 3 am epiphanies that led to another online chat with my younger sister. She is such a good egg. I had a chat with my youngest sister last week that really has me counting my blessings that I have such a cool family.

I wish we talked more, but I cherish our conversations now.

And in other unrelated news, we had lessons at the new pool yesterday. Not only did they go well, Nic is going to get kicked upstairs with the more advanced swimmers and G is settling in with a smaller group. The good news is that they can both do small group lessons now.

I NEVER thought that would be possible.

Nic was also really good about getting G focused and on task. He really is an excellent big brother.

I won a three month family membership at the Y the other night. I'm probably going to take the boys over to investigate it tomorrow, and maybe sign myself up for a program or two. As it happens, Special Olympic practice will be at the same Y.

G keeps asking about the other pool, but right now, I have no answers about that. He's going to have to learn the hard way that things change, go away, or otherwise fall apart.

Who am I kidding? He already knows. They both do.

Hubby is nagging me to get cooking, so cook I will. It's an excellent soup night, and I have just the recipe to break out.....

No comments: