Monday, December 22, 2008

There is no "I" in Team

I have to get back into the mindset of being on a team again. It's been such a long time since I've really felt a part of any work environment, yet this am I came into an office and found two cards, a book , and container of Godiva Hot Cocoa waiting for me.

I wasn't going to come in tomorrow, but now I think I should. I have to spread some cheer around.

I am leaving after my meeting with the executive director to do a little shopping (still need to get something for DH even though technically the new stove IS his present)and baking. My pumpkin bread demands have doubled this year, so have to get more flour and pumpkin to make them, and yes, I am actually baking cookies this year. I told my little one at breakfast this am that I needed help with cookies, and his eyes just got huge.

So he's excited. 3 more sleeps until Santa.

And I have to do my book chapters, too. It will all get done.

AND still got have that bug. At some point I will be able to take myself off the BRAT diet, just not sure when. I ate the wonderful paella I made last night anyway--I'm paying for it today, but there was no way I wasn't going to enjoy that.

So, hmm. Making progress, always lots to do. STILL have not mailed Christmas cards, still have to get the care package out to CA. That'll have to happen today.

Baking, shopping and working! DH finally got the outside lights up, so we are looking festive at last. Have to take the kids over to see the Holiday Railroad this week. Probably after Christmas we'll get there.

YAY.

AND what a wild windy night the longest night of the year was last night. Thank God for thermal underwear.

Did I say I was leaving after the meeting? Hah. I need to stick around a little longer than I was expecting--learning more about how to be a technological whiz. My role here at the nonprofit is expanding (alas, not my hours), but I think we're positioning for the big time (just had a good meeting with the boss boss).

In the meantime, I need a plan B for lunch--was going to eat that at home.....

UPDATE 6:45 or so, time to make dinner, made a huge dent in my shopping, all that's left to do is get some baking going, cards sent, and one last package to get together.

A good afternoon~!

No comments: