Friday, December 19, 2008

Article is done, DONE!

Man, I hate to compare writing to labor (SO overdone), but this last project tortured me in ways I just am not accustomed to. But it's done, submitted for review, hopefully I'll have all my comments back by Monday, and I'll be able to invoice. Yay.

Then all that remains is the book. I have seven chapters in backlog right now and hope to get to a couple over the weekend, and do some here and there over next week. I think those are all due the Monday after Christmas. This is proof review, so it should be relatively painless.

And then some quiet until the new year.

We just got the tree up; the kids helped me decorate him--him?? My tree's a him, I'll be damned. (5 ornaments broken, think 2 can be repaired). G did his last holiday show at his preschool yesterday--that kind of caught me flat-footed how misty eyed that made me. And this is the first time in six years of attending these concerts that one my kids ACTUALLY SANG. (Nic cried through his first two, sat stone-faced through the third). Nic had his holiday party this morning, a holiday breakfast, and that went well.

And I had my first holiday party in years with workmates. I have some gifts that I put under the tree now to open Christmas morning.

Not a lot of Christmas cards this year. I haven't even gotten around to that yet.

6 days left. Nuts. I have a lot to do.

2 comments:

Kimmber said...

Glad you got so much accomplished and will be looking for some down time in the new year. You deserve it!!

Kimmber said...

Glad you got so much accomplished and will be looking for some down time in the new year. You deserve it!!