Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Calm

Getting things done in spite of the presence, and it hasn't been too bad. Hubby would argue, since he is still under the weather, but I refuse to see MIL's presence at this moment any more or any less than a gift. For a few reasons.

I'm waiting on a phone call and an email, but it looks like I may be starting a new sit on Monday. Should not be typing that as nothing is set, but it looks like barring acts of God or anything else, a random call last Friday has evolved into a full-fledged opportunity.

Do I not always get what I need? I do. It is amazing.

I just finished a book that reminds me where I used to be, a sort of deconstructive exegesis of some one's life. A compelling read, but a bit woo-woo-ee even for me. I need to go back to the primary texts to see for myself, but I find myself agreeing in principle with some things, just not the 'how' he gets there.

If not for a million little detours, I'd be writing books like that. I have to admit that I'm thankful I'm not.

I have to think more on what I've read, and wait to hear whether or not my life is going to take an interesting new turn. In the meantime, I need to make a few phone calls.

No comments: