Thursday, May 12, 2022

Hard Things and Heavy Lifts

 So this has been the week of the smackdown. 

This past week kind of had to happen the way it did, because I never learn things the easy way. Honestly, it was a lot, and I deserved it. 

I hate to say it like that, but it's true. 

I'm trying to keep this in perspective. I am in the process of getting the boys where they need to go. THAT has been a huge sustained heavy lift.  So why do I feel this bad about the stuff going sideways?

Answer: because I know I can do better. 

But I needed to get humbled and shaken up.  So the first part of the day was apologizing, and the second part of the day was trying to get my figurative house in order.  I've made headway, but I think tomorrow will be the heavier lift in straightening myself out. 

I made a lot of stupid, little, careless mistakes. 

I need to get my shit together. 

Time is running out. 

No comments: