Saturday, April 16, 2022

Home Again

 It's been a week.

We did another state road trip to celebrate elder's employment win, and he had a list of places he wanted to see. As is ever our fashion, we figured out a way to do as many of the things as we could.  Station stops in included:

Dodge City, Harrisburg (met the owner after our meal)

State College

Greenwood Furnace

Whipple Dam

Belleville

Poe Valley

Poe Paddy

Bellefont

Walnut Springs

Bernel Road

Parker Dam

St. Mary's/Elk County (Elk sightings!)

Kinzua Bridge

Kinzua Dam

Allegheny State Forest

Corry

Titusville

Oil City

Beaver

Pittsburgh (and thereabouts)

Latrobe

Flight 93 Memorial

Red Lion

Honestly, I would have preferred to stay at home and get my house in order, but I think the trip was good for everyone.  My friends kept our birds while we were gone (they're hanging out on the floor in front of me right now). It's 4:10 and I don't know where the day went. 

A lot of thoughts:  someone asked hubby if we/the boys/maybe also me came from a facility. This over some confusion over my proffered Access cards.  I was steaming for a hot minute when the woman came over and offered us the difference and an updated receipt and an apology.

Lord, I am quick to go to hot on this. I've written about the whole concept of being put away before, and the idea that we are still here just rubs me the wrong way. In other news, I was on the radio and the subject of a couple pod casts--I've always been kinda out there with my dx, but I'm always mixed about how I feel with my out-there-ness. I wrote once about how out in the world we are US and only at home we have the label. Well, I guess the label follows us, whether we like it or not. 

We.  I think I am the one with the problem.

Elder was kind of salty about the fact we didn't hit everything on his list.  The scorekeeper.  At some point he is going to be doing his own travel and making his own arrangements. 

Younger was just happy to be out and eating out. 

It would have been nice if hubby could have wet a line, but maybe that's something we need to do on our own. 

We met quite a few decent people in our trek. We also saw a fair amount of hate in the form of road signs.  

The struggle to find equilibrium is real. 





No comments: