Friday, January 14, 2022

You Will Dream New Dreams.....

 So, just got back from an evening out.  One of my work friends invited me to a friend's house about a month ago.  A bunch of folks about our age get together every Friday night in some guy's downstairs lair, which has two competition dart boards and a fully stocked bar.  We order pizza, talk, and throw darts. They are a great bunch of folks; I'm finding as they try to teach me to throw that they have an abundance of patience.

I threw a bulls eye tonight. Twice.

And we could literally stumble down the hill of the golf course next door to get home if we had to. 

The boys don't mind us going out--in fact, they kind of like the house to themselves for an evening. 

I'd be remiss if I didn't talk about my ladies group that meets at the brewery once a month; that's been happening since June, and on any given evening, I never laugh as hard as I do with these ladies.  It's just fun---good conversation with good people, and oh yeah, the beer.....

I spent decades building my village, and the years flew by because I was raising my boys, and there was always, always, always things that needed doing, goals that needed to be met, fires that needed to be put out. I sped along, because life did, and I did my best to keep up.

But as I told the ladies in November, after that emotional championship weekend, it's a good thing to pause and enjoy the triumphs when they happen. I echoed that in my presentation earlier this month. The best thing about savoring these moments is sharing them with others.

I'm playing with the idea of joining a bowling league. Just for fun.

Once upon a time, many of these things were impossible; that hubby and I could go out on a date, maybe do an overnight or two (and we did, twice, pre-COVD, two overnight stays I won at separate silent auctions).  Yet, here we are.   We have the occasional speed date when both boys are otherwise engaged. We have friends now to hang out with and do things with.

We take the date car out for rides.  We need to do more of that.

I thought those times were long over. They were only on hiatus.

It feels good to....be.

No comments: