Friday, December 3, 2021

Enjoying The New Room

 So we finally broke down and built a deck, and we finally got around to putting a gate around the perimeter of the flat roof, thus giving me two new "rooms" to hang out in. The actual deck, I'm finding, is lower than where I want to be, thus I spend a lot more time outside my office upstairs (which is where I am right now, typing as the sun warms me in my little folding chair).

I'm enjoying the sound of the wind and the birds, and I'm finding this goes a long way to stemming the normal angst that comes with shorter days and less daylight.  The fact that I have been getting more sun is undoubtedly helping my equilibrium (which my elder kid upends on the daily).

I had a good week spending time with friends over coffee, drinks, oysters and whatnot. My friends keep me grounded and help me see the upsides to everything (including my current struggles with elder). (Big wind) I'm trying to figure out a few things and manage the house and the other things that require management.  I'm grateful beyond words that I can sit here and think things through and type it all out. I'm still struggling with the usual FOO stuff but that's not really top of mind at the moment;  right now I'm making sure younger gets settled into the winter programs he's in (throwing shade at me the whole time, mind you).Whatever he ends up doing, he'll be fine. Dad's spending time with elder this am, so hopefully he'll do a better job of communicating with him than I have.

(Fear screams when I try to talk to him. It's a bit disappointing for us both.)

It's a good day to sit outside and listen to the universe.  I'm grateful that I can while I get some other things done. 

No comments: