Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Elder Rising

 Do I dare think we are turning a corner?

Having a tough time NOT channeling a certain ancestor with elder because man o man, just because I get the COVD impact doesn't mean I am patient about it. 

I struck a couple deals with him, so we are figuring out his next moves.  He's getting balled up in "rest of his life," and all I really want him to do is think about the next six months.  (I think he gets it?)

So we're converting some of his interests into real-life adventures, and maybe that's where I need to get creative. The universe is lending a hand here;  he got a call this evening to substitute for a bingo caller at one of his regular haunts tomorrow. And he's getting paid for it. He is beyond psyched. 

And he's taking a friend to the movies next week--first time in almost two years.

He's singing to himself.

I have a little time and space to work with him tomorrow on a few things, so we will make good use of that time. 

Meanwhile, younger doesn't need any help creating his own. I do wish, however, he would change his socks. 

No comments: