Friday, September 3, 2010

Wow......

Fully loaded week. The short list

Monday-NYC with my team for an agency visit
Tuesday-had dinner with friends
Wednesday-Fr Mike and one of my good friends came for dinner
Thursday-visit to see new teachers; team lunch; work; coached my first soccer practice; picked up uniforms
Friday-Exhaling. Grilling. Some imbibing.

I blew a deadline, but I'll make the time up over the weekend, get the article written and out as I usually do. I pissed off a family member. Had the best visit ever with Fr. Mike. Made a decision with regard to aftercare and G's bus. I found out to what degree that Nic was tormented on school property by that bully--with no consequences. Jesus, no WONDER that went on as long as it did. It's a good thing that principal is gone, or I would have been in her office, reading her the riot act, as to HOW she failed my kid because there were NO consequences--this kid was given tacit permission BY THE SCHOOL to torment my kid.

I am hot. Thank God I have a long weekend to cool down.

Other news: Fr M's visit was the best of the bunch, very relaxed, and mellow, and he was really himself with us in a way he's never been. He and my friend C connected in an awesome way, good to see when people 'get' one another. Ah, it was nice.

Got to bond with a couple of my coworkers this week, one on the train ride to NYC and another over lunch. That is just such a good sitch on so many levels, I am too grateful for words. And I am having another lunch this coming week to figure out what I'm doing in a new opportunity. Again, one won't interfere with he other, and I figure both situations will ultimately benefit from what I learn.

So instead of a heavy week, it's been light, as has been my heart. I had three six-year-olds run me all over the field at soccer practice last night, and another friend contacted me to train for next triathalon season.

So despite my intermittent vertigo, I am pressing forward, doing new things, and having a great time.

It's a good life, even with the challenges. Because overcoming the challenges makes it truly awesome.

Both my boys are ready for the new year. And so am I.

Bring it.

No comments: