Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thought du Jour

The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!" -Henry Ward Beecher

In the space of 24 hours I went through the agony and the ecstacy, of Nic trying to get himself tossed out of summer camp to his being a model camper and assistant (I wield a great deal of power over that kid, but his willfullness reduces me to stark terror some days).

My prayer is that he acts always in good faith, ruled by his best instincts. He's smart enough, but is he wise enough?

His great day yesterday was his birthday gift to me. We celebrated at our favorite restaurant and chased it with a viewing of Toy Story 3.

Every year is better than the last, and I look forward to the trials and triumphs of the coming year--God knows, there will be plenty of both. :)

No comments: