Sunday, December 6, 2020

Hopeful Happy Ending

 It's a little weird how yesterday worked out.  

Our whole day hinged on one event.  And it's almost like the universe knew it as going to happen. 

First is the matter of breakfast. I seldom eat it. I have coffee, but depending on the day, I either have a nut bar or opt to intermittent fast.  Yesterday, I downed a whole leftover container of oricchiette and broccoli rabe that hubby made for dinner the night before. It was a salty, peppery wonder of awesome and I enjoyed it throroughly. And I marveled that I wouldn't have to eat again until dinner time. 

And, as it turned out, I wouldn't. At about noon, I was setting about the business of straightening up. Nugget was squawking to beat the band. I had gone up to get him, and he quieted down, as he always did, when he settled on my shoulder.

When he's settled, I often forget he's there. 

That happened in May when he escaped the first time.

And it happened again shortly before noon yesterday. 

I'm sitting at the computer finishing the business of sending alerts to every outlet I can think of about him.  I'll head out shortly and log another few miles on foot to see if I can find him. 

I need to try. But it's almost winter. He's a tropical bird. I hope he's warm. And I hope he's safe.

Thinking anything else will ensure that I won't function. 



No comments: