Wednesday, December 23, 2020

All the Things

 I made the mistake of looking at email at 3 am and found someone's hair on fire. I managed that, now I'm awake. 

Taking the long view on a lot of things. Had a good walk in the woods and heard a merlin as I went. Was close enough to hear wingbeats as I came upon a small flock of sparrows. A horse lifted its head briefly to check me out as I passed. I jumped over a small stream without falling in or breaking anything. 

I'm grateful for many things, my family, that I have a job, that my family is staying safe (not necessarily sane, but we were never that). Prioritizing the people and relationships most meaningful to us. (and thankful, really thankful, that I had Nugget and that we all enjoyed him as much as we did).

The days get longer from here on out. It's easy to get wrapped up in stuff that doesn't matter. Letting all that fall away, and wishing/hoping/praying for better days ahead. 



No comments: