Saturday, August 28, 2010

Overnight sensation, 10 years in the making

So I thought I was going to lunch on Thursday, and that it was going to be a social outing. Instead, I found myself chewing over an offer for work.

Which I am taking, after careful consideration, since as of right now this isn't a 'law of physics' situation where this and my other sit are mutually exclusive situations occupying the same space at the same time. No, this stuff as of right now can be handled in my discretionary free time (HA!). But it's too good a learning opportunity to pass up, so I need to give it a try. I don't have to worry about breaking anything, and the very worst that can happen is that I learn something new.

No downsides, in other words.

And in other stretches of the world, we've had fun--dad will take the boys fishing while I attend a training and present (I was asked to present less than 24 hours before the presentation was slated to happen, so I just updated my slides and am hoping for the best. In any case, I don't expect to bomb too badly, and it's a friendly room).

A lot distracts me, but I can't escape the fact that tomorrow is the day that casts a long shadow around all the days around it.

Fortunately, the kids keep me smiling.

No comments: