Friday, March 12, 2010

Ahhhhhhhh

Yesterday was intense and I am relaxing at last.

Yesterday I was up at 6, sent my first three iterations of my draft for the next article out, out of the house by 6:30, at my desk by 7, at Nic's school for a meeting by 3:30, lecturing at Arcadia by 5:30 and finishing up my draft by 10 pm.

I didn't plan it that way, yet there it is.

So we had some stuff go on. Nic and I met with B and his parents on Monday afternoon and I think we finally have that situation in hand. Well, for the moment. Nic unclogged his first toilet and cleaned up his mess. It's amazing, the stuff I take delight in.

I've just been feeling a weird energy, as if things are moving inexorably in a direction that I can't fathom. And I feel oddly at peace with it. I've been encouraging greater independence with both boys, and while they are not *ready* to fly, they are certainly *prepared* to.

Maybe they are feeling it, too. They are good like that.

Last weekend we spent a great afternoon hiking through the woods. I looked up through the cathedral of bare branches and marveled.

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

No comments: