Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nothing Lasts

I don't mean that in a bad way, but in a disinterested philosophical way. I used to think that I had no power--that anyone who determined that I would not eat in this town again would prevail.

In the fullness of time, it's been shown to me time and again that things change. People rise in power and are humbled. Companies are sold, management changes, and people move on.

And even though I've been working from home the last 10 years, I've actually been keeping current on technology--and am better off than I would have been if I were in a stable sit in the last 10 years.

Things change. Some things are forgotten. Others are shuffled under furniture.

But no one has had the power to keep me down for long.

Life is good. And I am grateful.

No comments: