Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Offer on the Table

I'm moving into the next phase of my life, whether I like it or not.

I've spent a lot of the last week on the road, logging over 1, 000 miles. And that week finished with me sitting with a good friend and fellow do-gooder...who is now literally the boss of me.

The funniest thing about this is that I'm taking a big paycut. (I will not give up my writing habit and indeed, I'll still be doing that to make my monthly nut) And it was still an easy offer for me to accept.

Why? Well, I'm already doing this for free, anyway. A lot of this new job will simply continue the work I've been doing in the special needs community for the last 5 years. And in a sense, it will give me more street cred, if that's possible.

DH isn't so sure this is a good thing. But I just feel it's right. I walked away from a few opportunities early this year because they didn't feel that great, even though the money was awesome and I heard from a few quarters that I was being bullheaded.

I've always been all about the greater good, and now I get to put my money where my mouth is.

No comments: