Friday, October 31, 2008

By the way, BOO!

So the boys are out on the town getting goodies. It's off to a slow start here--we've had all of three kids. Nic observed that no one wants to come to our house. Well, we'll see about that.

So my boys got to be what they wanted to be: G is Lightning McQueen and Nic is The Man with the Yellow Hat from Curious George. I'm room mom yet again for Nic, and was responsible for helping plan the festivities. The other room mom is better at this stuff than I am. I herded the boys to the downstairs bathroom and helped them get dressed. Nic required a full costume change. And as he was getting into his get-up, I reflected on all the grief and aggravation that went into finding the pieces of it (which culminated in a yell fest and a call to my friend to borrow her Curious George).

But it was worth it as we paraded through the gauntlet of friends, parents and relatives to hear the gasps "Look, it's the Man with the Yellow Hat!" And the complimentary comments. That was pretty cool.

I just received a packet from Nic's teacher with all of his progress, sort of a pre-report card. He's doing great at the stuff they are teaching, and not so great with the 'testing' stuff. I really in a way don't care about the testing stuff. Maybe I should. But in a way, doesn't affect him directly, since he's got an IEP. I don't know, I need to learn more about that.

We just had a flurry of kids. Including my own. Yes, my two knuckleheads just ToT'ed their own house.

I'm going to sign off for now. But I leave you a pic.

No comments: