Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Days Are Just Packed


So my day began yesterday at 7:30. I dressed, jumped into the van, and headed for aquatics. I am LOVING this class. So after another kickass workout, I dressed, zipped over to the mall, picked up balloons and treat bags for Gabe's party (and eyed a Wii, in full supply at one of the game stores, so guess what I'm doing later in the week, Merry Christmas to us and I'm done shopping on one swell foop), off the Costco to get the cake, back to rendevous with my friend Carol to pick up her son Bradley to take to our party, back to our house to pick up the boys, and finally, the bowling alley).

Whew! I don't even get to catch my breath. We had 10 kids, including my two--and let's see, 5 had ASD, 1 ADHD, and another with physical issues. I'm laughing because issues or not, this bunch looked like any other bunch having a party there yesterday, except mine was (for reasons above) a smaller group!

It was fine. Gabe like the idea of the party better than the party. His classmates had a great time, and his former teacher was there as well as his current teacher (I love her, she is so good with G), and most of the other parents stuck around, so I was trying to play catch up with a couple of them while trying to keep our group together, keep the food and drink flowing, and maintain order in the preschooler bowling lane.

Love clean up, though--it was quick, minimal, and we zipped right over to soccer after.

Dad made dinner, and we had movie night, Cars. I have to say I liked it. I was surprised.

Fall cleaning right now, and then off to the orchard to do the corn maze with friends. Tomorrow will be G's birthday and I will be ready to drive up to Penn State for my conference. I'll find out whether the other training is happening for me tomorrow as well--in which case, I'll be back Wednesday, here to do haunted Hayride with Nic's cub scout pack, and flying out to Pittsburgh early Friday am to return Saturday.

Kind of hope it all works out.

No comments: