Monday, August 2, 2021

It was a Fine Two Hours....

 Good weekend. Art show with a friend and date night with hubby on Friday.  Saturday the boys spent the day with dad and their best friend. I stayed behind and cleared out the downstairs and caught up on all the laundry.

I have to say, it all looks pretty good. 

Then friend's mom texts me and tells me she is going to kidnap me and we'll hang out with her neighbors. YAY. Fortunately I had hit the brewery and was ready. 

Felt incredibly chuffed.  Even more so that it seemed like we found the quadruped a home.

Oh meet up was great!  Their dog bonded with our dog and the husband loved her, was so excited to take her on the spot.  My guy got choked up and bid goodbye, and off we went.

And the two of us felt amazing!  WOW! We did the right thing! We did GOOD. And we did it overwhelmed by the rest of the things! YAY US!  We went out to breakfast to celebrate.  The cloudy day couldn't have been brighter.....

(you know what's coming....)

Woman calls. We needed to come get the dog NOW.  

We should have let her stew and marinate, but she made it sound dire.  And hubby and I are both programmed to JUMP. We drive 40 minutes back to get her and.....well, it wasn't that bad, she just didn't want to chance it.

I was pissed. I didn't want to waste a minute more of my time on this person, but she kept going on and on and hubby kept engaging. Finally, I just said "Penny, up."  Got her in. Shut the door. We're done, here.

Black cloud and dog accompany us home. Elder goes after his little brother, triggered by the fact that the dog is in fact NOT gone.

So I called the rescue this am and put us on the wait list to surrender.  We tried. We really did. 

But the universe just isn't working this way.


No comments: