Tuesday, August 24, 2021

On the Fly

 I need a minute.

All the things going on in the world is a bit much. The political stuff on its own is more than enough, but the fact that it's raining in Greenland and Antartica (now in winter FGS) has me a little freaked.  

Elder said to me the other day, "it sucks that the world is going to end in my lifetime." 

He showed up in my room as I was having a lie-in under the weighted blanket. I guess he figured it was a good time to let me know what was on his mind. 

We ended up talking about all kinds of things, mostly me explaining the ramifications of all the things happening in the world right now. And he's paying attention, because he had plenty of his own input.

Other stuff:  this and the negative committee in my head kept me up the better part of the night the other night. The best output of that was that I had a few things dispute the negative committee over the course of yesterday and some readjusting I can do because of that to help my family.

Other stuff:  dinner with hubby's work folks on Saturday was fun. We had arranged to meet up in Lambertville, and ended up walking across the bridge to New Hope for dinner instead. Beautiful night to eat outdoors and connect with folks. 

Entering the meteorological season called band. Younger is on mallets and rocking his instrument. Band director asked the section leader whether he had sold younger short (he did) (he has plenty of company). He sold his first program ad yesterday, and is stopping in our local pizzeria to see if he can sell another.  I'll buy an ad for the family (why not, younger's last year in band. I'll download and save it for him)

It's younger's last year. He's a senior. 

How the hell did that happen?

(The same way I woke up this year and everyone around me had gotten old....including me.....)

No comments: