Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Hitting Pause

 I think I need a moment to rethink a few things.

My priorities have a weird way of getting upended and reshuffled.  And more often than not, my life falls somewhat lopsided, because I appropriate the wrong amount of importance to whatever I have on my proverbial plate.

It's easy enough to do, right?  Urgent is urgent, and whatever makes the most noise gets the most juice. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Except.....when the universe reminds of you of your place, wherever and whatever that may look like. Sometimes egos are bruised, but if that's all that hurts, you're pretty damned lucky. It's time to see beyond that and what is important, as opposed to urgent.

I hate the phone, and I hate phone calls. It bugs me not to be able to see the other person. But today I returned a call that not only went really, really well, it also has me thinking of next steps and other possibilities.

Reminders not to let my world shrink to the size of work

Reminders that the most important people in my life are the ones I live with, and they would have a tougher time without me than anyone else. 

Reminders that I have a whole tribe of people who think I am awesome. 

Whatever comes next, I think I can handle it.

No comments: