Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last Time

Generally speaking, you can remember your firsts and lasts.

To this day, I have no idea when the last time I saw my father was. I have maybe a half dozen memories that could be 'it', but I don't know for sure.

I didn't get to say goodbye, which also is something I have a hard time with.

Anyway, last night I got into the pool with the boys because I'm not sure there will still be a pool after break--at least this particular pool. So instead of my customary laps (I only got in two), I spent a good half hour rough housing with them both in the play area. You can tell they are good swimmers now--Nic doesn't exactly match me stroke for stroke, but he comes close.

If this is a last time, I want the kids to remember it.

And if not, it's just another great memory.

Ah, life. It goes by way too fast.

No comments: