Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful


This year more than any other so far in my life I approached Thanksgiving with a grateful heart. Times are hard, but we are surrounded by good friends and family, we have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food in the refrigerator. Honestly, I can't ask for more than that.

Actually, I can ask for Nic's former posse to leave him the hell alone on the bus, but one of the neighbor's older girls is doing that for me. Although, not for nothing, Nic has been instructed to go to the principal if it continues. And the chips will fall where they will.

I hate that it's coming to that.

Spent a wonderful day with my friend K and her kids in Baltimore yesterday. We hit the train museum, then had lunch and went for an explore in the inner harbor. That's one of my favorite places to go; the kids get to hang with their friends, I get to hang with mine, and we get to have fun together.

Nic even had elevator adventures. We went to the Top of The World while they stopped at the Aquarium (I am considering a family membership for a family Christmas gift--already got one to the Train Museum).

This is the last clear weekend until New Years. I want to get the kids over to the Hawk platform today, maybe take a run over to the Wissahickon for a bit.

GORGEOUS day--we do have to spend some of it outside.

No comments: