Monday, November 30, 2009

Living well and other thoughts

No chickens to chase this am.

But I do have to finish clean up operations in my living room and throughout the house. I am in the process of a major clean/clear out, and I will be finished come hell or high water by the end of the week.

I have a draft to write too, and that gets done today and tomorrow.

I have to be careful in times when work is not hectic; I tend to get sucked down all kinds of rabbit holes, and really, I don't have the time or inclination for anyone else's head trips. Mine provide me with more than enough entertainment, thanks.

I'm heading out later to see some people I haven't seen in decades--looking forward to that, actually. Time is the great equalizer, if not the great healer.

Fixer? Not so much. Although ironies are not lost on me. Am having a quiet smile about how some things worked out. Short-term losses for me tend to be long-term wins. Nice to see some of the pain bearing fruit and becoming something of beauty.

Stings eventually disappear. Still, they are necessary. Without sadness, there is no joy. And misfortune has a way of resetting priorities that get shuffled out of order in the good times.

The yin and yang of my life balances me, thus my family. Life is not easy, but I am thankful for all that I have--every day of my life.

No comments: