Sunday, October 4, 2009

Waiting for the Dust to Settle

Blow up in my own living room. My doing, and as usual, bad tacticals on my part, clumsy, overbearing, and not without damage.

I apologized, but words are words. I am hoping with time that I can come up with the right actions to fix whatever needs fixing.

I feel hollowed out right now. But with a greater understanding--and empathy--for some one who up until now I *thought* I knew.

I learned this morning what I did not know.

I learned this morning a thing or two about how damaging my own assumptions can be.

I learned this morning that some one I thought was unapproachable is more so than I could have imagined.

Where will things go?

I will make it a point to extend myself.

I will make it a point to go out of my way.

I will try to make things better than they are.

I want to improve my corner of the world?

It's time. And I'm moving on it.

No comments: