Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Should Know Better

As everything is cyclical, I've decided I'm not going to stress. Yes, I have taken on more stuff even as I struggle to finish what I have, but for no other reason than to get me to clear my desk so I can keep moving forward.

This fall has been very instructive. I blew a lot of deadlines of every stripe and variety (and I have birthday cards from like February that I need to dig up and send, as well as the last few months because I am too overwhelmed to think), annoyed people, caused some one to shriek and call me names, disappointed the kiddies at least once and have generally embarrassed myself.

Technically, anyway, I should have embarrassed myself. But I seem to be beyond embarrassment. It's not that I don't care, it's just I reckon that people have bigger fish to fry. I'm still getting stuff done, and the amazing thing is that a lot of good has come out of some of my more disastrous outings.

I've gotten really good at making lemonade out of lemons. Apparently the people around me have learned to do the same.

It's a beautiful thing. Who knew that personal failings and shortcomings have a way of paying forward good things?

I'm not perfect. I never said I was. But I'm good. And I know how to make good come of even the worst stuff.

So, having said that, I'll keep on doing what I'm doing. It will not win me awards, make me rich, or otherwise bring me fame, but that all matters not. It's all about keeping everyone around me happy.

Smiling faces abound. I know I'm doing okay.

No comments: