Friday, June 3, 2022

Slack

 I'm just realizing as we are running up hard against high school graduation that there's a lot of stuff that younger didn't do, yet.

A lot of the stuff elder had to do, he did with the help of one of the staff at the high school.  Younger didn't have that kind of attention. Like I said, he rolls on his own at his own speed, and he'll get where he's going when he gets there.

But, there's stuff to do. Selective service, voter registration, meeting with his college advisor, and oh yeah, OVR registration and the paperwork for SSI (that will be denied, but we need to do it, anyway). And there's a party we're planning, which means invites and whatnot.  

So I made a list and started to help younger knock some stuff out. We got about halfway through the list, but now I have to look for some other paperwork so I can finish up what needs to get done. 

The paperwork, it never ends.

We went to younger's awards night last night, two hours of all kinds of awards. We didn't have this for elder. Kind of a shame because I felt like he should have gotten something for all his grief. Anyway. He sat with us, and other kids sat with their friends.  That again. He didn't seem to mind or notice.

But sometimes I don't know what he minds or notices. 

Onward.

No comments: