Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Into the Woods

 Warmer weather means more mobility!

I am recovering from an inflamed Achilles tendon; fortunately I already had PT engaged because shoulders (because original parts are wearing down, see tendon), so this situation didn't get as ugly as it could have. Nevertheless, it took *forever* (two months) to get myself back to walking/working order. Yesterday found me in some woods I haven't been in years.  I flushed a couple of wood duck in my travels and vowed to get a closer look. 

This morning, back at the same place, saw mergansers (2 female, 1 male), a pair of wood duck, and grackles, absent yesterday, chattered full force in the trees (welcome back, fellas).  A couple hawk flyovers completed my day. 

Things feel good. Not perfect, but good. 


No comments: