Sunday, February 28, 2021

Pushing Past

 Lately, everything is overwhelming. 

Not exactly a COVD thing, but that doesn't help.

Whatever is on my mind at any given moment looms large, especially at 3 am. And it could be a work thing, or a kid health thing, or the advocacy stuff (always begging the question in the back of my mind whether I am doing enough for my own kids....) Struggling with weird politics on the daily (weekends are a sweet reprieve, but then everything else crowded out during my here and now during the week crowds in on the weekend.  It's kind of like a fugue of trauma.) This is the next frontier of righting my head, since the FOO stuff is for all intents and purposes in the rear view mirror. 

It all could have been much worse.  I could have cashed in my chips decades ago. I would have missed out on a lot of good things. 

But, challenges, always challenges. Some days I feel like I can conquer it all, and other days, I'd rather build a blanket fort and stay there. 

So I cook. Today we had spanikopita from St Sophia's for brunch and tonight I cooked a couple meals for the next few days. The house smells good. And reminds me that there are lots of things I can do well. 

I struck a deal with elder to deal with the health stuff. God speed. I hope it works. 

No comments: