Monday, November 9, 2020

Utility Grass and Other Random Thoughts

 Utility grass is stuck in my head as a dream remnant. Grass that is useful.  I was thinking this as a distraction from something else in the dream.

Which brings me to the current moment. Eight months into this lockdown, I am tired. I have watched time and solitude erode all the progress my elder has made, and thanks to that erosion (among other things), we are off to a GI doctor because of elevated enzyme levels. Second time in four years we are in a crisis owing to eating. 

He's not even insanely heavy. He's wired to rebel when his weight moves beyond a prescribed threshold. We're there now. Trying to convince him to do better for himself is impossible; after all, he doesn't feel sick, so what's the problem?

The problem, my dear, is that you can drive yourself to a way early grave. And you might not get any warning. 

I talk to a wall. 

I know where my energies need to go right now. And I need to make that happen, no matter how difficult for me this is. 

But?  I am tired. This is my third decade into this and it is not getting easier. 

I am running out of time. 

I need to help him figure this out. 

No comments: