Monday, January 3, 2011

Laughing at the Sky

"When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." ~Siddharta

Angst has ruled me lately. As if I need to point that out.

Around 7 pm last night, the oddly familiar embrace of darkness enveloped me; upsetting, since I dumped that creep the better part of a year ago. And it rudely poked me awake in the wee small hours of the morning. I probably would have let it have its way with me if G hadn't interrupted and snuggled his fluffy little head under my chin.

Which was fine, except the shadow waited for me to wake up and dogged me all the way to work.

Something about clicking my laptop into its docking station, turning on, and settling back into routine drove it off. The iPod helped some, but the blue skies outside my window made me think of that Siddharta quote that begins this blog.

Nothing is perfect. I'm still weird. The kids still have their own issues. But it's okay. It's all good.

Maybe not perfect. But definitely good.

No comments: