Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting My Zen On

Yesterday was precisely what the doctor ordered.

As evidenced here, we had a tough week. Friday was fine for Nic, so he earned a trip out to mini golf and elevator adventures.

Yesterday was all mine. My sherpa talked me into signing up for a glassblowing class. I'll post links to pics as soon as I get them. Probably for the first time in my entire life I was 100% focused on what I was doing. In the face of a 2,000 degree oven and molten glass, you can't afford to be otherwise.

WOW. What a beautiful thing to be able to single-mindedly shut out bs and engage in creating something. I think the only other moments in my life like this relate to birthing my two sons. That's the only other thing I can think of that required everything I had.

Wow.

And we reconnected with friends who I thought were gone from our lives. It was good to be proven wrong.

A most excellent day.

No comments: