Sunday, May 7, 2023

Lessons Learned

 So right on the heels of one door closing, another couple opened, and choosing between the doors was a light lift. I’m not going to say much more about this at the moment other than I haven’t felt this good about a new gig for a long time.

Meanwhile, I think the time has come for elder to leave his first ever paying gig. He called me in tears yesterday, and both dad and I told him to wash his face and finish his shift. He wants to leave on good terms, so he’s going to do the right things and …. It’s just time.

Younger guy will take two classes this summer and has his fall semester scheduled. He currently has a 3.8 gpa, and the advisor made a comment about me helping him with his classes. The truth is, I don’t even know what classes he’s taking, let alone when his stuff is due. This is all him. He has a solid work ethic because he’s always had to work for his grades.

But it’s crunch time. Adulthood looms large, and a long road unfolds ahead of us.

No comments: